Preamble of Indian Constitution Notes PDF– Hello Aspirants, welcome to our site sarkarirojgarhelp.com Today, we are providing you Indian Polity Preamble of the Indian Constitution | Indian Preamble Notes brief Notes PDF which helps you to learn all facts about Preamble of Indian Constitution. From this topic questions asked in competitive exams like SSC, IBPS, UPSC, DSSSB, UPSSC, and various other exams.
- The Preamble of the Indian Constitution is based on the Objective resolution; which was drafted and moved by Jawahar Lal Nehru and adopted by the constituent assembly.
- It is the preface or introduction part of the constitution.
- The objects which the constitution seeks to establish or promote are stated in this preamble.
- It is also the legal interpretation of the constitution.
Some important terms in the Preamble:
We, the people of India:
It means that the constitution has been drawn up and enacted by the people from their representative and not handed down to them by a King or Queen and any outside powers.
It means people have supreme right to make decisions on internal as well as external policy can dictate by the government of India.
It means that wealth is generated socially and should be shared equally by society, and the government should regulate the ownership of land and industry to reduce socio-economic inequalities.
It means Citizen have complete freedom to follow any religion and no official religion exists.
It means the head of the state is an elected person.
It means all of us should behave as if we are members of the same family. No one should treat as inferior fellow citizen.
It means citizen cannot be discriminated on the ground of caste, religion and gender. Social inequalities must be reduced, and government should work for the welfares of all, mainly the disadvantaged groups.
It means there are no unreasonable restrictions on the citizens in what they think; how they wish to express their thoughts and the way they wish to follow up their thoughts in action.
It means all are equal before law and the government should ensure equal opportunity for all.
It means a form of government where people have rights to elect their representative; by voting and hold them accountable.
Some important cases related to the Preamble:
- Gopalan vs State of Madras, 1950: “Preamble is not enforceable in a Court of Law”, stated by the supreme court.
- Berubari case, 1960: Supreme court observed that the preamble was the basis for understanding the minds of the framers off the constitution and ruled that the preamble was not a part of the constitution.
- Kesavananda Bharati vs State of Keral, 1973: The earlier opinion
- rejected, and supreme court held that the preamble is a part of the constitution.
- LIC of India vs Consumer Education and Research Centre case, 1995: Preamble is an integral part of the constitution.
Amendment of the Preamble:
- Earlier it was held that preamble is not an integral part of the constitution, so that it cannot be amended.
- After the Kesavananda Bharti vs State of Kerala case; it is held that the preamble is an integral part of the constitution; and is subject to the amending power of the parliament under article 368, part XX.
- It is provided that the basic structure of the preamble cannot be destroyed.
- In the 42nd constitution amendment act, 1976 the preamble was amended for the first time; and three new words added to it.
- Those words are as follows:
In short, we will say that this topic is very interesting because in this topic. You learn about our Indian Constitution; preamble facts and details in brief which helps you in competitive exams. Therefore, we will be providing you Preamble of the Indian Constitution | Indian Preamble brief notes PDF; by that you can easily understand this topic.
Interested Candidates can download Preamble of the Indian Constitution | Indian Preamble Notes PDF from the below available link
Friends, on our site we provide you complete study material for all Competitive Exam. Here, on this site, we will provide you daily new free study materials which help you score good marks in your competitive exam. So, please daily visit our site, for free study material and other updates regarding exams.
For daily current affairs, latest govt. vacancies details, more free study materials, E-Book PDFs, Handwritten Notes, and Latest updates of all competitive exams.
Friends, for any assistant, queries, and questions related to exams ask in our Telegram Group and follow us on Facebook or Instagram and also comment on this post. We will help you as soon as possible.
And please don’t forget to join the telegram channel for the updates and share this post with your friends on social media platforms.
Comments for any Query or Feedback